FEEDBACK THAT FACILITATES
Overview:Feedback is imperative in classrooms as it not only allows students to assess themselves but if improper feedback is given, the student may develop a reluctant attitude towards participation. Therefore, the art of feedback is a must learn skill for educators if they want to encourage growth and development in their students
1. Giving constructive feedback that increases the students’ productivity.
2. Maintaining a positive relation ad interaction with students that would aid in learning.
3. Being able to transfer the learning from training back into their professional lives.
For the students:
1. Eliminating feedback from teachers that decreases self-esteem.
2. Getting constructive feedback would encourage that student to voice out opinions more often.
Course outline:1. Strategies and tips for effective feedback: Recent psychological studies have shown how effective feedbacks should be given in order to get the message across while maintaining a positive relationship with that person. This is a must know for all educators out there.
2. Evaluation tools for students to monitor themselves: A student should be independent of the teacher. Students therefore must know how they can assess themselves without having the teacher to point it out for them as it not only is effective in the classroom, but in their personal lives as well.
3. Learning to encourage initiative rather than the result: Focus should not be on the end but the process involved in it. Students at times are appreciated for getting the job done, not how hard they work for it. That inhibits the students’ ability to take initiative when the opportunity arises as they feel that their effort is not appreciated until and unless they come up with an output regardless of how they do it.
4. Unconditional positive feedback techniques: Humanistic psychology states that humans should be valued for without having to fulfill a specific criteria – without any conditions. Feedback that is generally based on certain situations, criteria’s or conditions can lead to undesired effect in the personality.