Overview:Teamwork has always been at the center of historic human accomplishments. One person alone can only do so much. There is a saying that “If you want to go fast - go alone but if you want to go far – go together.” Organizations are a central definition when it comes to team work. This workshop is designed to highlight basic work dynamics in teams as well as addressing complex strategies that integrate diverse individuals and departments to produce a “Teams that accomplishes dreams”
Benefits:The organizations would benefit from this program by having a unified work force that values organizational vision and productivity. Moreover the organization would benefit from making effective use of a diversified work group, minimize communication gaps, maximize coordination and work output that ensure each individual is giving their all and their efforts are acknowledged together but awarded individualistically.
The individual would benefit from this program by learning how to be an effective and a strong contributing member of a team while learning to work with diverse people with different mindset and values. Moreover the individual would also be able to call upon their creative talents as working with different people effectively requires a creative perspective as well as a feeling of ownership and responsibility of the group.
Agenda:- Understanding the individual’s perspective: A team is made of up individuals, knowing what they think, feel and say is essential.
- Understanding the individual’s role in a team: An individual may not feel that they are an integral part of the team when so many things may seem to take place which could decrease the overall output of the team. Therefore it is vital to make them realize their role and importance in the team
- Effective and collaborative communication in diverse teams: Diversity may be a challenge, it could also be a blessing. To turn it into the latter, individuals must be able to communicate with each other in order to function as a unit.
- Taking one for the team: Teams are buildup of passionate individuals who would risk themselves for the betterment of the entire group. To be able to take one for the team requires tremendous amount of courage as well as trust on others.
- Avoiding power struggle: It is natural for teams to follow a leader but the problem arises when everyone wants to be a leader. This creates internal conflicts due to power struggles. Overcoming power struggles not only ensures the existence of the team but also the effectiveness of it as well.
- Managing all-star teams: Managing individuals who are well capable in their respective domains might seem like a breeze but most often, teams who are made of highly functioning individuals may be difficult to manage due to inflated egos. Dealing with these egos may not be easy as it seems.