CHANNELING INNER CREATIVITY
Overview:Education systems have mostly been criticized for hampering creativity and producing linear thinking robots instead. While employers demand creativity out of their employees, students are hardly given avenues to utilize their creative potential which by the time they graduate they show a massive decline in their creative potentials. This program addresses how the youth can practice, channelize, utilize and enhance their creativity in their everyday lives.
Benefits:The participants would be able to learn how to actually measure creativity, methods to practice creativity from the comfort of their seats. Knowing how to effectively utilize creativity in their practical application in order to produce a qualitatively superior work output. Learning to appreciate diversity and remaining comfortable in situations where little or nothing is known.
Agenda:1. Understanding how to measure creativity: Knowing how creative you currently are will help you understand your baseline in order to monitor your progress
2. Exploring easy to use methods to channelize and enhance creativity: Easy activities that could be practiced daily will multiply its effects daily overtime. The key word is easy, which would allow you to practice these activities despite your busy schedule.
3. Practical implication of creativity in everyday life: Being able to apply creativity in daily activities is a sign of intelligence. Knowing how to exercise creativity in real life situations is essential for transfer of learning to take place.
4. Making sense out of the unknown: Understanding that everything is connected to everything will help you understand what others often fail to see. Knowing to make sense to make sense of the unknown will allows you to expand your circle of knowledge which is vital for innovation to occur.
5. Creativity and humor: Humor can be used to diffuse any difficult situation into an easy one. Knowing how to creatively apply humor will add a whole new dimension to your personality.
6. Creativity in solving problems: Often at times we fail to step out of our comfort zone and stick to the principles. We often forget that those who came up with revolutionary concepts challenged those rules that were assumed to be right. Knowing to think outside the box will surely allow you to reap the rewards of your creative mental labor.